Today, Henrik Fisker joined Itay Michaeli, Analyst of U.S. Autos and Mobility, for a fireside chat at Citi’s 2022 Global Industrial Tech & Mobility Conference. Joining live from Europe, Henrik Fisker is abroad to inspect the the Fisker Ocean on the development line at Magna later this week on Friday. Hopefully he will share a video of driving a Fisker Ocean off the production line. During the fireside chat Fisker provided updates on the business and discussed the company’s business strategy. We invited you to join the call, but if you couldn’t make it we listened to the call for you and here are the highlights.
Fireside Chat Highlights
- Henrik is in Europe and super excited to check out the Fisker Ocean on Friday at Magna.
- Fisker mentioned having over 32k reservations as of today.
- Segment-leading product differentiation (e.g., longest range, coolest looking EV, vegan interior) is what is separating Fisker Ocean from other competitors.
- Big uptake in reservations throughout Scandinavia countries due to legislation prohibiting sales of internal combustion engine vehicles.
- Launching in Europe at Mobile World Congress next week and expects a lot of brand awareness to increase European reservations.
- Asset light approach was born out of the fact through acceleration of EVs and whoever can come into the market first with the right products and price can grab marketshare — speed is of the essence with high volume you need capacity and as soon as possible.
- Revolutionary Flexible lease program will have over the air (OTA) updates that can be a revenue source from owner to owner over the 12-year life of the vehicle.
- The company is now over 400 employees, in-house team of software engineers, learning from the Fisker Ocean program, and will deploy learnings to other programs.
- Decision making at Fisker has been simplified to 15 minutes in order to make a super efficient development process; company was setup without segmentation, created a proprietary process to speed up development.
- In 2021 when Henrik began sketching a car (PEAR), he wanted to design it like Apple ($AAPL), a private (personal) mobility device.
- Configurator for the Fisker Ocean will be released late Summer 2022, in September timeframe.
Reserve Your Fisker Ocean
You can reserve your Fisker Ocean or PEAR by visiting https://fiskerinc.com/reserve. Use referral code DDK87H.
Join The Club
Show your support and unlock access to exclusive members-only benefits by joining the Club today.
Fiskerati Mobile Apps
Connect with Fiskerati
Questions? Content Ideas? Partnerships? Have a tip?
Reach out – we are new and open to collaboration. Get in touch by sending an email to [email protected].
Get our free weekly newsletter This Week In Fisker direct to your email inbox!
Connect with Fisker enthusiasts on Fiskerati Forums to ask questions and discuss topics about the Fisker Ocean, PEAR, and RŌNIN supercar.